Approved by Group Committee: 16 October 2002
SECTION ONE – NAME & ESTABLISHMENT:
- The name of the Company shall be the “7th Juan de Fuca Venturer Company A”, otherwise referred to as “the Company” or “7th Juan de Fuca Venturers,” established under the Charter of the 7th Juan de Fuca SCOUT GROUP dated October 25, 1966, and the sponsorship of the Belmont Park Community Council.
- The Company is part of, and subscribes to the By-laws, Policies and Procedures of the Scouts Canada.
- The Company will endeavour to live up to the Venturer Promise and the Aims & Principles of Scouts Canada, designing activities that will enable members to achieve Venturer program objectives.
SECTION TWO – MEMBERSHIP:
- Membership in the Company shall be open to all youth age fourteen to seventeen who are willing to live up to the Venturer promise, the Aims and Principals of Scouts Canada, and the by-laws of the Company.
- New recruits shall be assigned a sponsor who, in concert with the Vice-President, will assist them with the admission requirements. New recruits shall be required to accept the by- laws of the Company and understand their responsibility to participate in Company programs and activities. After attending any four meetings/events recruits must start paying dues and submit for consideration an application for membership.
- New recruits must be recommended by their sponsor and be acceptable to the majority of the members of the Company before admission will be granted.
- The Executive Council, with the approval of the Advisor, has the power to suspend any member of the Company for short duration for violations of the Company Bylaws. Membership in the Company can be permanently suspended only with approval of two-thirds of the total Company membership and the recommendation of the Advisor. Such suspension and the reasons for this action must be brought to the attention of the Group Committee as soon as possible.
- Any member may resign from the Company by providing written notice of his intentions to the President.
SECTION THREE – PROGRAM:
- The central program theme of the 7th Juan de Fuca Venturers shall be Adventure Camping. The majority of Company program planning, training, and resources will be directed toward this activity.
- The Company at large will determine other program activities and objectives for action by the Executive Council.
SECTION FOUR – DISSOLUTION:
- Should the 7th Juan de Fuca Venturer Company at any time dissolve or cease to exist:
- Any and all monies and assets purchased and still held at the date of dissolution or cessation of existence shall revert to the 7th Juan de Fuca Scout Group.
- Upon payment of any outstanding debts, all remaining funds shall revert to the 7th Juan de Fuca Scout Group, to be held for a period of not less than two years as a contingency for the re-establishment of the Company and then distributed for the benefit of the youth of said Group.
- All records of the Company shall be placed under the jurisdiction of the 7th Juan de Fuca Scout Group, in the possession of the Group Administrator to be held for a period of not less than two years as a contingency for the re-establishment of the Company.